How to Factory Reset TP-Link Archer C6 If Password Forget
TP-Link Archer c6 AC1200 gigabit dual-band wireless is used by many internet providers and direct home users. Archer c6 dual-band WiFi router a popular model and used by most of the home user those are using internet speed more than 100mbps. If you are reading this article seems you are unable to log in to the TP-link C6 Ac1200 wifi router or you may forget the login password after setup and not sure how to login now. You can restore C6 router settings using a simple method that takes less than a minute to access router settings again. Forgot the login admin password and getting the wrong password error seems you are using the wrong password to log in. You need to factory reset the TP-link Archer C6 WiFi router to restore into default settings. After restoring the router to default you need to set up it again as per your internet connection settings. If you have download configuration back during the first-time configuration then you can restore the backup file to setup the router in a quick way without manual configuration. This user guide will provide you simple steps to hard reset the c6 router using the reset button.
Although there are 2 ways to factory reset the Archer C6 router. One is using the login method from software and the second is the hard reset button method. The soft reset method you can use if your router not performing or wifi connection is not stable or internet connection and disconnecting issue coming. Just factory reset router from system tools. Hard reset you can use if you are completely locked out and unable to login router settings due to an invalid login password error.
How To Reset TP-Link AC1200 Router if Password Forget
The hard reset method is a fast way to restore the configuration to default mode and get router access using default settings that are usually printed to every router sticker.
While making the router hard reset all configurations will be removed and the router needs to set up again as per your internet connection settings. Follow steps to factory reset TP-LINK Archer AX6000, C6, C20, C7, and another from C series.
- Power ON Router using DC adapter as comes with the router.
- Wait a few moments to turn on the router properly when Wifi LAN and other Led lights are turned on.
- Locate a small reset button near to WPS button a small hole for a reset button.
- Use a small needle or paper clip to insert in the hole and press the reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for 5-8 seconds and the release button. All led lights will be turn off and turn on again.
- This process may take a few minutes to complete router settings restore so wait until the router show LAN, WiFI, and power Led solid green.
- Login TP-Link Archer AC1200 using default IP address http://192.168.0.1 or use tplinkwifi.net to access settings.
If you are able to log in but the router misbehaving or not performing well then you can factory reset the router using the web interface. Follow steps to soft reset TPLink Archer C6 Router.
Soft Reset TP-Link Archer C6 Router
Making router reset from software option call soft reset. A soft reset is a safe way to restore the router into default mode because you get the option to the backup configuration before restoring it into default mode. follow steps to soft reset router.
Note: Make sure you have download the configuration backup file from the Backup option before making a router factory reset. After resetting the router login and restore the configuration file to automatically configure the router again.
- Connect Router to Power adapter and wait to turn it on properly.
- Use a LAN cable for wired connection from C6 LAN port to PC/Laptop LAN port.
- Use WiFi name and password to connect using Wireless.
- Open a web browser and access C6 using http://192.168.0.1 or tplinkwifi.net.
- Use the login password you have created during the first time login to access settings.
- Go to Advanced- System tools- Backup & Restore
Factory Default Restore
Factory Restore – Press the button to factory reset the router.
Press OK button to confirm in net Popup windows.
This simple reset manual will help you to restore router access if you unable to login router and keep running on default settings or can not change wifi name and password.