Netgear Router Not Getting Full Speed
Not getting full speed in Netgear Router and same problem with single-band and dual-band Netgear router faced by a lot of users. There are many reasons while not getting proper internet speed using Netgear WiFi or any other routers. If your internet plan is high speed but the router not giving full speed as compared to internet speed then you should fix the speed issue step to step from ISP cable to Netgear router. In this article, you will fix speed issues either facing Netgear Dual-band as well as Netgear Nighthawk wifi 6 high-speed router.
Netgear Router not getting full speed from WiFi
If you reporting slow speed while connecting to the Netgear Wireless network and not satisfied with the speed you may follow steps to fix the slow speed issue.
- Use a LAN cable and connect to Netgear LAN port and connect to PC/laptop and check speed if getting proper in a wired connection.
- If getting full internet speed in wired but not getting the same speed in Wireless then you have to check Wireless configurations.
- Login to your Netgear router using username password as printed to sticker or if you already change use same.
- Go to Wireless Settings and choose network band 2.4GHz and 5.8Ghz one by one if router dual-band.
- Change Wireless Bandwidth 20/40 for 2.4GHz and 20/40/80 for 5Ghz to increase Wifi bandwidth limit.
- Also change the channel number for 2.4G and 5.8G as per low interference frequency in your area.
- Save settings and check speed should increase as getting before.
Not Getting Full Gigabit Speeds with R7000 Router
If your Netgear router support gigabit Ethernet and 11ac wireless speed but do not get more than 100mbps speed in wired and wireless then follow the steps to fix it.
- Check the cable coming from the internet from the Modem or internet provider side connected to 1Gbps connection speed. Plug cable to Pc/laptop with Gigabit Ethernet to confirm cable connected with 1000mbps speed. If your router connected to 100mbps connection speed instead of 1Gb then you face the router not giving full speed as per plan.
- If you are getting 1Gbps connection speed but not getting speed in the router then change the cable connecter and check again if speed connected to Gpbs.
- If getting Internet high speed in Wireless but not wired from Ethernet port then make sure you are using 4pair cat6 cable instead of using 2pair or cat5 LAN cable.
- If Netgear router connected to the Cable modem or any other network switch make sure port providing Gigabit speed or change the Ethernet cable connected to the Netgear router.
If you still facing speed issues and physically wired connection proper you may upgrade your router with the latest Netgear firmware available on the official website. If the router already updated with the latest firmware then you can make the router factory reset using the reset button and setup again from start. Making router reset will remove all configuration if there is any restriction configured for wired or wireless users.