Netgear 7550 DSL Modem Factory Reset
Netgear 7550 WiFI DSL modem is compatible with At&T, Frontier, and other cable internet providers. Netgear 7550 DSL modem also called with model AT&T 7550 design for AT&T internet connections. The factory reset is a method of restoring the router into factory mode configuration if forget the login username or password. Reset method also calls failsafe mode to get access router if lost access after changing the configuration or forget username and password. If you unable to access the Netgear router 7550 login IP address or can’t access the router setting due to the wrong username or password error then you can reset your router using the reset button.
If your Netgear7550 getting connection problems and other internet issues then you have a soft reset option from settings that you need to login to your modem. Netgear DSL Gateway Model 7550 Black from AT&T – ATT or frontier 7550 router both are same so if you have anyone router you can use this user guide to reset DSL modems. As per the situation you can use reset mode either software reset or hardware reset.
Soft Reset Netgear 7550 Gateway
Making ADSL modem to software reset required to access settings page so you must be connected to modem wither Wireless or Wired to perform soft reset from settings. Netgear model 7550 might be different for different internet service providers but the method of making factory default remains the same so you can follow this user manual for your 7550 Modem.
- Connect your computer/mobile or Laptop device using Netgear 7550 LAN port for a wired connection or use WiFI name and key for wireless connections.
- Find Netgear 7550 IP address username and password printed to modem sticker to access the modem web interface.
- Open web browser and access http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.254 for Netgear 7550 login depending on the modem model number as per service providers.
- Use username “admin” and password “password” for default login. If you already changed frontier 7550 default password then use the same to log in.
After login, you will DSL 7550 settings control panel where you get all the options to manage and setup your internet connections.
Select backup settings from the main menu.
- Backup configuration- before making the modem default you must download the configuration file to restore settings again after the factory default modem.
Press the Backup button and a config file will download to your drive. Save the configuration file.
- Restore configuration – Restore Saved settings from a file
After Netgear 7550 modem factory reset process login modem with default credentials and upload the backup file to restore configuration again.
- Erase– Revert to Factory Default Settings
Once the configuration file is downloaded and you keep the file to a safe drive now you can proceed to reset the modem.
Press Erase button and press the Yes or OK button confirmation.
The modem will automatically restart after a few seconds and after rebooting you can ping the default login IP address.
Making modem from web interface called soft reset and you must be login to router settings to perform a soft reset.
If you forgot the modem login password or login IP address printed to sticker not working then next way to access router using restore to default mode.
Netgear 7550 Factory Reset From Reset Button
Making a reset from the switch is a quicker way to access modem settings in case forget. Making restore settings from the reset button does not require a login to settings.
- Locate a small reset switch available in the modem beside the power DC socket.
- Press the reset button using a pin or needle to perform a hard reset.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds and monitor the power LED.
- Release button when Power LED will suddenly off and ON again and modem will automatically restart.
- This process takes up to 2-3 minutes to complete the factory reset process so do not disturb router power until restoring to default mode.
- Ping default Login IP address and follow Netgear 7550 modem manual to login and restore settings again if already saved configuration file.
This is two ways to gain modem access in case forgot the login username and password or lost access. you can use this reset user guide for frontier model 7550, AT&T Netgear 7550, and any other internet provider using this DSL2 Modem in the internet line.